Flight prices aren't everything
Worldwide coordinated schedules that make seamless travelling possible, many different services in addition to pure flight performance as well as a personal, attentive service – anyone flying for business should be able to rely on a strong, reliable partner. Often, it's not just the flight costs that stand out, but also additional benefits such as booking Economy Class and still flying Business. And that's exactly what PartnerPlusBenefit offers you.
The free and powerful Austrian, Lufthansa and SWISS corporate bonus programme offers small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) attractive opportunities to save on travel costs for business trips and keep employees motivated. With free flights, upgrades and vouchers for excess baggage, for example.
Background information on the topic
Organising business flights within companies
In many small and medium-sized enterprises for which employees must fly frequently, resources and skills are focused around the business trip. A contact person or team take inquiries and booking requests via e-mail or phone, then research and book their colleagues' business flights using standard flight booking portals.
With time, a learning curve is established. Focusing on this area creates a certain level of expertise, allowing fares to be compared more efficiently and optimised for the company.
Outsourcing – a means of optimising costs
Above a certain threshold, however, outsourcing ¬– that is, the use of external travel coordinators or travel agents - is profitable. Employing in-house staff to research affordable travel options can be inefficient in the long run. Especially if these activities prevent them from doing their primary work. Moreover, since this is rarely an employee's core competency, much potential remains untapped.
Organising business trips through an external third party which has full access to travel agencies, in particular to search programmes oriented around cost optimisation and discounted rates, can reduce fares significantly. Here, experience in dealing with airline tariff structures of the airlines is essential, as it could be the key factor in saving money on fares.
Experienced service providers make planning easier, especially when travelling to several different destinations with multiple connections. Furthermore, group bookings can also be handled easily, which reduces processing and handling costs.
External benefits and services
Travel agencies or travel management companies offer a wide range of services:
- planning and handling the entire business trip
- direct access to all air and rail connections, rental cars, hotel and transfer services
- Assistance with visas and vaccinations as well as entry and customs regulations
- Visa application and procurement
- Special tools for comparing fares
- Special fares with many airlines
- Obtaining discounted service fees
There are also a variety of additional services which are particularly valuable:
- Statistical analysis and consultation on optimising travel costs
- Straightforward, well-trained contact person
- Assistance with and booking of private trips
- Organisation of group and incentive trips to meetings, conferences, conventions and trade fairs
- Managing corporate bonus programmes for programme members in order to further optimise travel costs
More than just fares
The numbers speak for themselves: seven out of ten companies in Germany rely on a travel agency or travel manager when booking business trips.1
When choosing an external provider, it's not just the opportunity to reduce fares that plays a key role. Other advantageous services include reduced coordination and planning efforts, minimisation of organisational and accounting administration as well as access to expert assistance.
Austrian, Lufthansa and SWISS fares including many different services
The same applies when choosing the airline. In addition to direct flight costs as well as taxes, fees and surcharges, flying with Austrian, Lufthansa or SWISS also includes numerous included services which make business trips even simpler and much more enjoyable:
- The fleet of the Lufthansa Group Airlines is comprised of almost every size of modern aircraft
- Travellers can comfortably check in and select their desired seat(s) on a PC, on the go via smartphone, or at the airport check-in machines as early as 23 hours before departure.
- Travellers' free baggage allowance can also be checked in addition to hand luggage
- Guests of Lufthansa First and Business Class as well as Miles & More members with the corresponding status can spend their time at the airport relaxing in lounges.
- Even on domestic flights passengers have a wide range of beverages to choose from. Depending on your destination you will also be served small snacks or whole meals. Upon request, special meals can be pre-ordered free of charge when booking.
- Austrian, Lufthansa and SWISS flights earn Miles & More members valuable award and status miles, which are synonymous with attractive flight and merchandise offers as well as numerous privileges for frequent flyers.
- On Austrian, Lufthansa and SWISS flights, PartnerPlusBenefit members earn BenefitPoints, which offer many different ways to optimise travel costs